WiKaRu Drywall Patch!
Get a professional repair at a discount price with WiKaRu’s patented drywall patch system.
Even TJ Can Do It!
- Patented brace system repairs drywall permanently (US Patent 8,776,470 B2)
- Eliminates bubbled or raised wall surfaces.
- Eliminates hours of feathering joint compound and sanding.
- Stores no longer need to carry drywall…We provide the drywall!
- A professional repair at a discount price.
- Made from recycled materials, including a 4×4 drywall piece with glue dot, instructions and a male/female brace (color may vary).
- Retailer discounts and promotions are available.
WiKaRu Installation Instructions
Remove the provided piece of 4″x4″ drywall from the bag. Place the piece of drywall over the existing hole, and with a pencil trace along the provided piece of drywall.
HINT: Mark an arrow at the top of the provided drywall before removing, to ensure flush insert.
With a keyhole saw (or other cutting tool), cut along the square trace.
*CAUTION* Insulation and/or electrical wiring may be present behind the drywall. Identify the position of any wiring prior to cutting. Carefully remove any remaning debris and spread apart insulation to allow room for your WiKaRu brace to be applied.
Remove the WiKaRu male and female brace from the package. Connect and push the two braces together, advancing the connected braces to the last ring on the male brace, and STOP.
Remove the tape cover from the glue-dot and apply the female brace (with the glue-dot) to the center of the provided drywall piece, and press firmly for a few seconds to make sure that it is attached firmly.
With the braces now attached to the provided piece of drywall, insert the WiKaRu brace through the square hole and past any insulation. Make sure the arrow is correctly positioned to ensure a firm fit. Apply mild pressure to the center of the provided drywall and advance until the drywall piece is flush with the existing wall.
Finish off your home improvement by applying joint compound, drywall tape, texture and paint. Please visit the Tips and Tricks section of our website for additional information.
WiKaRu Tips and Tricks
Apply your joint compound
- Grab your supplies. You may need a 6 inch mud knife, pint of all-purpose joint compound, a mud tray, and 80-100 grit sandpaper.
- Apply a 1-2 inch layer of mud to your mud knife and apply to patched area, spreading to a smooth finish and hiding your seems. You can use paper tape if you like. If you choose to use paper tape, remember to apply a very thin layer of compound first, and then apply tape to seems. Once your tape has been applied, apply another thin layer of compound over the tape making sure all bubbles have been smoothed away.
- Allow enough time for your compound to fully dry. Depending on moisture conditions, the drying process could take several hours. You can place a heater fan to the area to speed up the drying time.
- Once the repaired area has dried, take your 80-100 grit sandpaper and lightly sand away blemishes and raised surfaces to prepare the area for texturing. If you see seem marks once the compound dries, you may consider adding one more coat of joint compound, and repeat the process of drying.
Add some texture and paint
- Grab your supplies. You may need some 80-100 grit sandpaper and texturing. For smaller jobs, you can purchase pre-mixed aerosolized textures in all patterns. Locate the pattern closest to your wall pattern.
- With your sandpaper, lightly sand the repaired area making sure all blemishes and raised areas have been sanded and prepared prior to applying texturing.
- If you are using a pneumatic texture gun, choose the pattern according to your wall and apply conservatively.
- If you are using pre-mixed texturing, choose the pattern according to your wall pattern and apply conservatively.
- Allow enough time for the texturing to dry. You can place a heater fan to the area to speed up the drying time.
- Once the Wikaru repaired area is dried, match and apply your paint and your finished! An amateur repair with a professional look.
Repair larger surface areas
- With a piece of drywall large enough to repair the damaged area, follow the same steps from packaging directions.
- Apply multiple WiKaRu braces to each corner of the larger replacement piece of drywall. This will prevent cutting from stud to stud and will save you time, materials, and money.
AVAILABLE AT SELECT ACE HARDWARES
Drywall Patch Kit
WiKaRu Brace Connected
WiKaRu Brace Separated
WiKaRu Brace Installed
We believe that if you want something done right, you should use the best product. Using all environmentally friendly materials in our product is a great way to reduce our and help us uphold our role as stewards of the planet.
The WiKaRu Wall Patch is the only patented, earth-friendly, DIY product on the market. We provide a patented bracing system, which completely differentiates us from the other vendors. Check out our patent design to also help you understand the benefits of the WiKaRu Wall Patch.
For general information, large orders, comments, questions or technical support please fill out the form or email us at the following:.