Also at select
Click to watch video
WiKaRu Tips and Tricks
Apply your joint compound
- Grab your supplies. You may need a 6 inch mud knife, pint of all-purpose joint compound, a mud tray, and 80-100 grit sandpaper.
- Apply a 1-2 inch layer of mud to your mud knife and apply to patched area, spreading to a smooth finish and hiding your seems. You can use paper tape if you like. If you choose to use paper tape, remember to apply a very thin layer of compound first, and then apply tape to seems. Once your tape has been applied, apply another thin layer of compound over the tape making sure all bubbles have been smoothed away.
- Allow enough time for your compound to fully dry. Depending on moisture conditions, the drying process could take several hours. You can place a heater fan to the area to speed up the drying time.
- Once the repaired area has dried, take your 80-100 grit sandpaper and lightly sand away blemishes and raised surfaces to prepare the area for texturing. If you see seem marks once the compound dries, you may consider adding one more coat of joint compound, and repeat the process of drying.
Add some texture and paint
- Grab your supplies. You may need some 80-100 grit sandpaper and texturing. For smaller jobs, you can purchase pre-mixed aerosolized textures in all patterns. Locate the pattern closest to your wall pattern.
- With your sandpaper, lightly sand the repaired area making sure all blemishes and raised areas have been sanded and prepared prior to applying texturing.
- If you are using a pneumatic texture gun, choose the pattern according to your wall and apply conservatively.
- If you are using pre-mixed texturing, choose the pattern according to your wall pattern and apply conservatively.
- Allow enough time for the texturing to dry. You can place a heater fan to the area to speed up the drying time.
- Once the Wikaru repaired area is dried, match and apply your paint and your finished! An amateur repair with a professional look...
Repair larger surface areas
- With a piece of drywall large enough to repair the damaged area, follow the same steps from packaging directions.
- Apply multiple WiKaRu braces to each corner of the larger replacement piece of drywall. This will prevent cutting from stud to stud and will save you time, materials, and money...
WiKaRu reminds you to stay green my friends... Stay green!
Made in USA
- WiKaRu, LLC
- PO Box 1793
- 1251 William D Tate Ave.
- Grapevine, TX 76099